For a long time, I refused to cook salmon at home. I always found it
to be too expensive for what it was, and when I made it, it was so
fishy tasting. The weird thing was that when I went to
restaurant, I loved to order salmon, and it was never fishy.
One day at Costco, I decided to get some salmon that was frozen (less than $3 per serving). I always get the frozen scallops and shrimp from Costco, and
they are always delicious. Buying this salmon was the best thing I
have ever done for my bank account, palate and waistline. I literally
have been eating it 3-5 nights a week. Blake makes this amazing brown
sugar and dill marinade, and then we broil it. It is so good and crispy.
Sometimes we put it on a sandwich and add bacon, but my favorite is to
serve it with a trendy grain(in this case a bed of cauliflower) and some steamed broccoli. This tops my recipes as my favorite!!!
Brown Sugar and Dill Broiled Salmon on a Bed of Cauliflower
Total Price- $11.40
Total per person- $2.85
Average Retail- $37.96
Total Savings- $26.56
– 4 filets of salmon
– 2 tsp. olive oil
– 1 1/2 tablespoon mayo
– 2 tsp lemon juice
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup chicken broth
– 1/2 cup water
– 2 tsp. dill (dried)
Preheat oven to broil- place top rack 4-5 inches from top.
Make sure it is all the way preheated before you put the fish in the oven.
Dry Salmon pieces before starting.
1. Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
2. Turn on medium to high heat and whisk until blended.
3. Bring to a boil until reduced by 80%.
4. Add tsbp of Rum (optional)
5. Reduce until it is the consistency of syrup.
6. Put in a bowl to cool.
7. Coat salmon pieces in sauce.
8. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
9. Place salmon in pan.
10. Drizzle more sauce on top of each salmon.
11. Broil 7 minutes on one side and flip.
12. Drizzle remaining sauce and broil for 7 more minutes until crispy.
13. Serve hot!!!
*TIP: If the sauce reduces too much and becomes like molasses add chicken stock or water 1/2 tbsp at a time and stir until it is the desired thickness.*
Sales on this meal:
Salmon-Costco- 8 pieces for $22
Brown Sugar- Publix- BOGO
Mayo- Publix- BOGO