I love to pack a hearty lunch in my lunch box everyday. The OCD in me has a hard time when my lunch box has too much empty space in it. A bowl of taco soup, a small sandwich, a fruit and a perfectly folded napkin fill it up ideally. This recipe makes enough soup for about 10-12 servings leaving a family of four with lunch the next day.
So we all have those nights where we don’t want to spend a lot of time making dinner or doing the dishes. This soup is one of those dishes that allows you to have a quick and delicious home made meal that leaves little to no mess. Taco soup is a something that I grew up eating. I am not sure where my mom got the recipe, but we cook it a few times a month in the winter. Enjoy!
Total Amount- $13.01
Total price per person- $1.09
Average Retail price- $22.88
Total Savings- $9.87
– 2 lbs of ground beef, turkey or bison
– 1 onion, chopped
– 3 cans pinto beans
– 3 cans corn
– 2 cans diced tomatoes
– 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies
– 2-3 cans of low sodium chicken broth
– 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dry seasoning
– 1 packet of taco seasoning
– 1 tsp Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
– 1 tsp garlic salt
– 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Brown 2 lbs ground beef and 1 chopped onion in pot with a little olive oil
- Season beef with Lawry seasoning salt, garlic salt and Worcestershire sauce and packet of taco seasoning.
- Add 3 cans Pinto beans (slightly drained)
- Add 3 cans corn (slightly drained)
- Add 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- Add 1 can rotel tomatoes with chilies
- Add 2-3 cans chicken broth
- Add dry hidden ranch dressing packet
- Cook until warm (medium heat for 30 minutes)
- Top with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese, olives, ect.
Sometimes I adjust flavor with more tomatoes or chicken broth….depends on your taste!
Sales used in this recipe:
Patton’s Meat Market- 5lb package of lean ground beef $11.99
Kroger BOGO – Delmonte Diced Tomatoes
Kroger BOGO – Rotel Tomatoes
Costco $2.25 off Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth